Harvest Rain With A Rain Barrel
The Allen Soil and Water Conservation District is selling plastic 50 gallon rain barrels in terracotta, granite and black colors for just $99.00. There are lots of great reasons to install a rain barrel at your home or business:
• Rain barrels catch rain water from your downspout which you can use for watering your lawn and garden.
• Rainwater is better for your plants.
• You’ll help to reduce runoff pollution.
• You’ll help control the moisture around the foundations of your home.
• You can save money on watering.
• You’ll be inspiring others by being an example of environmental stewardship.
• City of Lima residents could be eligible for a $25 rebate.
Barrels come complete with a diverter kit and hardware to quickly connect the units to downspouts.
To order, download the order form, call the office at 419-222-0846 x1004 and request an order form be mailed to you, or order securely and easily online through this PayPal button.
Rain Barrel Rebate Program
If you live in the City of Lima, Village of Elida, or one of the following townships: American, Bath, Perry, or Shawnee, you may be eligible for a $25 rebate.
In order to be eligible for the rebate you must meet the following conditions
1. You must be a resident of the City of Lima, Village of Elida, or one of the following townships: American, Bath, Perry or Shawnee.
2. The rain barrel must be on your property
3. The rain barrel must have a capacity of at least 40 gallons
4. The rain barrel was purchased between November 1, 2022 and November 30, 2023
5. The rain barrel was installed between January 1, 2023 and November 30, 2023
If you meet all of the above criteria, download and fill out a rebate application.
You can also call Allen SWCD, 419-222-0846 x1004 and request that an application be mailed to you.
Fill out the application and be sure to attach a copy of the rain barrel’s original receipt with the date of purchase. Then return your application with the attached receipt to the Allen SWCD office. After sending in your application, you will be contacted by Allen SWCD to schedule a time to have your rain barrel inspected to ensure it is working properly. Rain barrels MUST be inspected before a rebate can be given. The rebate amount is $25 per rain barrel, and there is a limit of 2 rebates per household. Applications must be received by November 30, 2023. Read complete details by clicking the button below.